Date – September 6-7, 2014
6:00pm Saturday – 1:00pm Sunday
Richmond Ice Zone
Three Game, Three Event Guarantee
REGISTRATION DEADLINE – Friday August 15, 2014
$240 per team
CCVa reserves the right to cancel the event should the minimum participation requirement not be met by the registration deadline. Full rink fees will be refunded in the event of cancellation, however, refunds cannot be offered in any other circumstance.
1. The GNCC rules of play shall govern, except as specifically waived by the Curling Club of Virginia.
2. All games, except event finals, shall be timed games consisting of no more than eight (8) ends. The arena timer will be set at 90 minutes. When the Bonspiel Chair signals the start of play, the arena timer will begin to count down. At the conclusion of 90 minutes, teams will conclude the end that they are currently playing and will not begin another end.
3. Event final games shall be timed games as described in (2), with the exception that the arena timer will be set at 110 minutes.
4. TIE GAMES: All ties at the end of regulation play, as described in (2), will be decided by “skips’ rocks,” in which each team’s skip delivers one rock (sweeping allowed), and the rock closest to the button will award one point (and the win) to that skip’s team. Following delivery of the first skip’s rock, it will be removed from play and a marker placed in its spot on the ice before the second skip’s rock is delivered.
5. DELAY OF GAME: Games will begin at the time posted in the draw. If a team is not on the ice and ready to play at the time designated, one end and one point will be awarded to the opposing team present for each full period of ten (10) minutes. The non-offending team shall have the hammer when play commences. If the waiting period exceeds thirty (30) minutes, the win will be awarded by default to the non-offending team.
6. The Bonspiel is Open Format.
7. All inquiries or protests by an entered team shall be resolved on site at the time of the protest or inquiry by the Bonspiel Chair in consultation with the Bonspiel Co-Chair if necessary.
Hear about our latest curling adventures here!